Not only does Coconut Oil taste delicious plain but it is also great for cooking. It has no detrimental side effects and unlike other vegetable oils, it does not form harmful by-products such as trans fats, when heated to normal, medium or even high cooking temperatures. Click here for some great recipes.
Testimonial from Alice :
I use "organic coconut oil" on my popcorn - YUM; spread it on my breads like butter - "coconut oil & honey spread" is YUM; use it in baked goods in place of butter & other oils. Brownies have coconut-chocolate yummy taste; use spoonfuls as a yummy treat for my dogs. Doggies LOVE it too; and it is the best skin oil ever - my "coconut lotion" is pure [unbleached extra virgin] coconut oil and it rubs into my skin beautifully. - Alice C, Long Pine, NE
Testimonial from Gayle :
I am so glad that my doctor recommended coconut oil to me. She suggested that I take a tablespoon every day as an addition to my regular diet. She explained that the coconut oil acts to improve thyroid and liver function helps build the immune system and aids in weight lose as well. I love the mild, sweet flavor and the smooth consistency of the oil---- sometimes, as a real treat, I combine it with dried fruit, such as cranberries. - Gayle A, Streator, IL
The health benefits of Coconut Oil are boundless and as the Pacific Islanders have found it to be a panacea for many health issues. See below for how it can help you and see our research page for more in depth research.
The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil :
The most recent breakthrough on understanding the health benefits comes from Dr. Mary Newport’s work on Alzheimer’s in her husband. She identified organic coconut oil as an excellent source of fuel which can increase brain functions. Her findings have implications for memory improvement as well as for neurological degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, Lou Gehrig’s (ALS), diabetes, etc.
Brain cells (specifically neurons) are limited in what kinds of fuel they can use to stay alive. Glucose is the main fuel used by these cells but in Alzheimer’s patients certain neurons of the brain are unable to use glucose and consequently, slowly die off. This death of these brain cells may begin as much as a decade before symptoms actually become apparent.
However, neurons that are unable to use glucose can instead use an alternative fuel known as ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are readily made by the liver from medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oils (found in large amounts in coconut oil- over 60% MCT’s). Having access to these needed ketone bodies may be crucial in keeping these brain cells alive and in helping them to continue to function as normal.
Dr. Newport’s husband, quickly deteriorating with Alzheimer’s, found a miraculous and an immediate increase in brain function in just 24 hours after taking two tablespoons of virgin coconut oil. In 2008, for a medical screening he was asked to draw a simple clock (see picture #1 below) which noticeably showed an adult with decreased brain function. However, the results of a clock drawn after taking coconut oil for two weeks (picture #2) and after 37 days (picture #3) are miraculous to say the least. See below for all three pictures. To date, her husband continues to take coconut oil and has noticed an improved quality of life. He is alert, happy, talkative, cracking jokes, able to concentrate better, more social and has a decrease in tremors. Click here for full article.
Clock #1 - The day before starting coconut oil.
Clock #2 - Two weeks after starting coconut oil.
Clock #3 - Thirty-seven days after starting coconut oil.
Images taken from Dr. Mary Newport’s
Alzeimer’s and Other Neurological Diseases
• Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT’s) found in coconut oil are readily converted into fuel used by brain cells for improved brain function
• Helps fight wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots
• Works as a protective antioxidant
• Helps ward off free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative diseases
• Maintains body’s antioxidant reserves whereas other oils deplete them
• Protects skin from harmful ultraviolet rays which increases wrinkles
• Works as a nutritional source of quick energy from the medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
• Increases energy and endurance
• Helps our body to absorb certain nutrients such as calcium and magnesium which are good for the bones thus helping prevent osteoporosis
• Helps control blood sugar and improves the insulin secretion
• Helps prevent and treat diabetes by helping to use the blood glucose effectively
• Reduces symptoms and health risks of diabetes
• Provides ketones as alternative fuel to glucose
• Improves digestive system thus preventing stomach and digestive related problems including IBS
• Has microbial properties which help fight off bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc. that cause indigestion
• Helps the body absorb other vitamins, minerals and amino acids
• Improves bowel functions
• Aids in killing off tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
Testimonial from Jackie:
Having read up on the benefits of virgin coconut oil, and it’s significant role in children as a source of energy, an immune system booster, a local antiseptic and an anti-inflammatory, I thought it would be a great food to try and implement in my granddaughter’s diet as she has multiple food protein intolerances and has had many problems digesting all kinds of food along with having a very impaired immune system. Baking cakes, cookies and other goodies with coconut oil has made a world of difference in my granddaughter’s health. Cooking with this coconut oil allows her to tolerate and enjoy so many new foods she couldn’t in the past. There is also a noticeable improvement regarding her all around health. We are grateful for coconut oil and the new quality of life our granddaughter now has. Thank you! - Jackie E., Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Helps healthy growth of hair
• Gives shiny complexion to hair
• Aids in the control of dandruff, lice, lice eggs
• Makes a great conditioner
• Helps regrowth of damaged hair.
• Provides proteins needed for nourishing damaged hair
• Used by many hair manufacturers in hair oils, conditioners and dandruff creams
• Used topically in Indian culture for thousands of years as hair care products
• Used by many as a natural lice remover
I would like you to know that I love using your coconut oil inside out! I use it as a salad oil and it became the primary oil for all my cooking. Not only do I enjoy the taste of the foods, my digestion improved greatly as did my blood sugar control. My skin is smooth, has luster and looks lovely. And that's only from the internal use. Externally, I put it on my face as a moisturizer and sometimes all over my body instead of lotion. My skin is glowing. Occasionally I put it on my hair as a deep conditioning which results in a shiny and bouncy mane. If I had to pick one thing in my kitchen I can't live without, it would be the coconut oil. Please keep it coming. – Kathy, Tallahasse, FL
• Contains ‘good fats’ that do not accumulate in heart or arteries and do not increase LDL levels as do other vegetable oils
• Comprised of 50% lauric acid, which helps high cholesterol, high blood pressure
• Improves cholesterol ratio thus reducing risk of heart disease
• Protects arteries from harm that may cause atherosclerosis
• Contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that strengthen the immune system
• Comprised of lauric acid which the body converts into monolaurin which is believed to help ward off viruses and bacteria which cause herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus and HIV
• Helps fight bacteria, such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobcter pylori and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia
• Strengthens the immune system
• Kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis C, herpes, SARS, AIDS and kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea
• Fights fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.
Testimonial from Julie:
Your coconut oil is great (I think it helped clear out the last of some candida that had been hanging around for awhile). – Julie K, Columbia, MD
• Helps prevent kidney and gall bladder diseases
• Aids in dissolving kidney stones
• Contains medium chain triglycerides and fatty which are easily converted into energy when reaching the liver thus reducing the work of the liver and thus preventing liver diseases
• Relieves stress on pancreas
• Reduces pancreatitis symptoms
• Aids in the natural chemical balance of skin
• Is an excellent moisturizer on all skin types especially dry skin
• Helps relieve dryness and flaking of skin
• Used by many skin manufacturers as basis for soaps, lotions, creams, etc.
• Forms a protective layer from dust, air, fungi, bacteria and virus when applied to infections
• Speeds up healing of bruises as it helps repair damaged tissues.
• Has antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties which is effective in fighting infections
• Reduces symptoms of psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and other skin problems
Testimonial from Karen :
Hello, we have been using your product for our dog, Trapper. He is 3 years old, a 130# Yellow Labrador, has always had very dry skin and coat, he would scratch himself bloody. We tried many types of dog food and supplements to help him with scratching and dry skin to no avail. We read about your product and gave it a try, within 2 weeks, Trapper was no longer scratching and after about 1 year of use, now has very soft coat and skin. He is a much happier dog as are we. Thank you for your product. - Karen W, Columbus, WI
Testimonial from Heidi :
I love coconut oil. I use it to my scramble my eggs in the morning. I use it to brown my toast in the skillet. It is great to fry my egg, coconut and stevia donut holes in. It makes a really good salad dressing mixed with olive oil and spices. In short I use it in everything. I also use it on my face, hands and body as a moisturizer. It is even good around the eyes and absorbs into the skin very quickly. It has proved to be non-clogging to the pores as well. Thanks for making it affordable. Sincerely, a grateful user. - Heidi Z., Dallas, TX
• Can be massaged gently to the head for soothing affects
• Kills bacteria that cause gum disease and cavities
• Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
From Gayle :
Before I started using coconut oil to cleanse my teeth and gums I could draw saliva thru my teeth and get a bad taste in my mouth. Since I have several capped teeth, I thought that must be a sign that bacteria must be lodged under and around the caps. After just three days of swishing and pulling coconut oil thru my teeth, I was amazed at the difference it had made. First of all, people didn't back up anymore when I have a face to face conversation with them! My bad breath is gone, and so is the odor causing bacteria! When I slide my tongue over my teeth, they feel so clean and smooth. I am thrilled to have discovered such an easy and delightfully good tasting solution to improving the health of my teeth and gums. - Gayle A, Streator, IL
• Helps keep thyroid healthy
• Contains fewer calories than other oils
• Is not stored as body fat like other fats but instead is easily converted by the body into energy, thus helping with weight problems
• Is easily digested
• Increases metabolism by removing stress on pancreas, thus burning more energy thus leads to weight loss
• Is a part of the diet of tropical populations who tend to be slim not overweight
• Helps reduce problems associated with malabsorption syndrome, cystic fibrosis, gallbladder disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement) chronic fatigue syndrome
• Reduces inflammation.
• Helps protect the body from cancers- breast, colon, etc.
• Reduces epileptic seizures.
Several experts have attested to the worthiness and health benefits of virgin coconut oil:
Dr. Mary Enig, Phd (author of "Know Your Fats") and Dr Bruce Fife (author of best-selling book "The Coconut Oil Miracle") have gathered research and studies from recent years to show the benefits of consuming medium chain triglycerides (MCT) acids such as are found in virgin coconut oil. They report reduced levels of viruses in tests done on patients using coconut oil in its unrefined state.
An article in Women‘s World drew on parts of these and highlighted the propensity of these fatty acids to stimulate the thyroid gland and thus raise the metabolic rate. Examples were given of comfortably achieved large weight losses. A faster metabolic rate will lead to a weight loss. We crave fat, and diets that deny us fat leave us unsatisfied and vulnerable to rapid weight gain after the diet is over.
About 50 percent of coconut oil is lauric acid, which the body converts into monolaurin. Laboratory studies show that monolaurin inactivates some bacteria and viruses including the influenza virus. Virgin Coconut oil with its medium chain fatty acids are unlike other "saturated" fats as the body handles them differently and they are rapidly absorbed into the blood stream. It is extremely beneficial for immune function. Coconut is free of cholesterol and is a healthy, energy-boosting fat that will not increase cardiovascular disease. Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (Certified).
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.